From February to March, we made it together as Comrades and Friends with the Lord on our side. This month Lent is celebrated and during this time we traditionally as Christians especially those in the Catholic Faith Fasting something for the Lent Season. Lent is observed in the Christian period from Ash Wednesday (Feb 26, 2020) for an approx. period of 6 weeks ending on Holy Saturday, the day before Easter (April 11,2020, this period is used as a preparation for the resurrection on Easter Morning. This year possibly consider giving up one or some of the following to help you prepare for Easter:
* Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
* Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
* Fast from anger and be filled with Patience.
* Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
* Fast from worries and trust in God.
* Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity,
* Fast from pressures and by prayerful.
* Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy.
* Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
*Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
*Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.
A very quick and special thank you to all that said prayers and well wishes for me while I was in the hospital. Please keep all our members and guests that are in distress in your thoughts and prayers. They are always needed and welcomed. Also remember to keep our young men and women in uniform
deployed throughout the world in your thoughts and Prayers.
John McCleskey, VFW Post 7108 Chaplain (210‐763‐3559)